Everything you need to know about FILLERS
Fillers help reduce the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles. As we age, we lose volume and fullness in the face which leads to an older appearance. Fillers replace that lost volume and fullness.
Hyaluronic acid (Juvederm, Belotero, Restylane) is used for:
- Acne scars
- Cheek depressions
- Crow’s feet at the corner of your eyes
- Deep smile lines that run from the side of the nose to corners of the mouth (also known as nasolabial furrows)
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Marionette lines at the corners of the mouth
- Redefining lip border
- Scars including burns, acne and those caused by wounds
- Smoker’s lines; vertical lines on the mouth
- Some facial scars
- Worry lines that run across your forehead
Calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiesse) is used to:
- Fill moderate-to-severe creases such as nasolabial folds, marionette lines and frown lines
- Enhance fullness of the cheeks and other facial contours
Polylactic acid (Sculptra) is used to:
- Fill the lines caused by laughing
- Plump thin lips
- Treat deep nasolabial folds
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Reconstruct contour deformities in the face
- Decrease or remove the shadow of the lower lids
Depending on the area injected, fillers can last 6 months to 1 year. Fillers can stimulate native collagen production in the skin. Repeated injections will actually prompt your body to make more of its own volumizing collagen.
There is no downtime after filler injections. You can experience mild swelling around the injection site. The numbing procedure takes 15-30 minutes. Injections take 15-30 minutes and can be done during your lunch break.
The results of fillers are immediate. You may have some additional swelling from the injections that will disappear within a week.
Like most cosmetic procedures, fillers are not covered by insurance. The cost of filler injections varies based on how many syringes of product a patient needs to obtain an optimal cosmetic result. Filler treatment includes a medical consultation and numbing treatment.
Our provider will provide a recommended treatment plan and answer any questions you may have. This will include an explanation of expected results and how long your results should last. Once you have decided on a treatment plan, we will have you consent to the treatment and take detailed photographs of your treatment area. You will want to compare your before photos to your amazing results!